To advertise a job at Chiswick Park, please contact Karolina Tadych
The role is based on-site at the landmark asset Chiswick Park in West London, which is a large estate comprising of 12 buildings (1.8 million sq ft NIA) with an annual rental income in excess of £70m. Developed in 1999 and designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners Chiswick Park brings together over 9,000 people from 67 of some of the world’s leading companies such as QVC, Discovery, Starbucks and Danone The successful candidate will be employed by Chiswick Park Estate Management Ltd (CPEM), the managing agents handling the Estate and Facilities Management and acting for the three owning entities at Chiswick Park. CPEM is part of The Blackstone Group – one of the largest Private Equity/ Real Estate investment firms in the world. The Blackstone Group has investments across Private Equity, Real Estate, Corporate Debt and Corporate Advisory Services.
Joining an established team, the Service Charge Accountant would be part of driving the Enjoy-Work brand environment, maintaining stakeholder and client relationships on an accounting front and contributing to the wider team vision and ethos of the organisation.
The role reports directly to the Assistant Finance Manager.
The Service Charge Accountant will be self-sufficient working closely with the Assistant Finance Manager, Property Accountant and at times with the Senior Finance Manager.
Working hours are full time – 9am to 6pm Mon to Fri
The main duties of the role will include:
• Assisting in the assembly of the Annual Service Charge Budget for multi entity/ multi schedule site – SC Budget c.£11m p.a • Monthly SC Variance Analysis/ Process Management across departments • Preparation of Service Charge Budget Packs and Service Charge Year End Packs and associated reconciliations (including TB/GL and cash reconciliations) • Monthly service charge and utility reconciliations • Monthly Service Charge Accruals and Prepayments • Month End Variance Reporting for inclusion in the Blackstone report • Production of periodic financial information for multi stakeholder use/ presenting to management • Year End Service Charge file production and Audit process • Other ad hoc duties associated with day-to-day financial management of the estate as required by the needs of the business
• Service Charge Accounting Experience (ideally with a Commercial Managing Agent)
• Yardi Voyager experience
• Excel skills/ experience of an intermediate/ high level (v lookups/ pivot tables/ formulae)
• Professional, confident and personable when dealing with team members (both Finance and the wider team) • Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to obtain information from non-finance personnel and communicate effectively with non-accountants • Strong reconciliation skills/ experience – TB Recs/ Cash Recs • A good understanding of double entry and accounting principles • Sociable, positive and a good team-player who is willing to help out with non-finance functions when required as part of a vibrant and dynamic team
• Discretionary Bonus Scheme • 20 days annual leave (pro rated) • BUPA healthcare and dental • Pension scheme: 3% employee contribution to 8% employer contribution