World Energy Week is the World Energy Council’s largest annual gathering dedicated to global energy issues. It is a powerful platform that connects regional realities and priorities with the global energy agenda. World Energy Week brings together the entire energy+ community to address whole energy systems challenges and opportunities, drive practical action and help shape the future of energy.
Here at Chiswick Park, we work hard to manage our energy efficiently. Our key objectives are to manage energy consumption to ensure an environmentally positive impact, inspire our Guests to reduce their energy consumption and lead the way in energy management technology.
• Our electricity at Chiswick Park is 100% generated by renewable sources including solar and wind energy
• We have 6 Electric Car Charging Points available for our Guests to use. What how to use them here
• Many of our onsite vehicles and equipment are run on electricity, which has led to a significant reduction in carbon emissions
• All our building and estate lights have been upgraded to LED, which use less energy and last longer
If you want to know how you can help reduce your energy consumption, take a look at some of the tips below.
• Replace your fluorescent lighting with LED lamps
• Don’t overfill kettles when boiling water for a cup of tea or coffee
• Unused items? Microwaves, sandwich makers, toasters etc? Turn them off at the plug when they are not in use
• Set your thermoset to a set figure and pop a jumper on when it gets chilly
• Turn off appliances and home electronics (e.g. your TV) instead of leaving on standby
• Look at LED lights as part of your upgrade replacements to internal lighting
• Check lighting controls are on ‘Auto’ function instead of manually ‘on’. Use PIR (motion sensors) instead of light switches
• Shut down your computer and turn off any monitors and TVs when you finish for the day
• Set your air conditioning temperature to between 19c and 22c in the summer months, or try to restrict the setpoints so not to use extreme supply temperatures (below 18c or over 23c)
We are committed to managing the energy used here on the Park in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way. Let’s continue to work together to reduce our energy consumption.